Construction Accident Attorney in San Jose, CA
Construction Injury Lawyer Near Me
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous workplaces. All it takes is one small mistake to cause a major injury. If you have been hurt in a construction accident, you want an experienced lawyer who can help you maximize your recovery. At the San Jose law office of Scher, Bassett & Hames, serving the Bay and Central Valley Areas, we protect the rights of Bay Area workers who have been seriously injured in construction accidents.
Common Causes of San Jose Construction Accidents & Injuries
- Failure to follow safety guidelines: The federal and local governments have laws in place to protect the safety of construction workers and prevent personal injury. These safety protocols must be followed in order to make a construction site safe for employees. If a manager or other employee does not adhere to these guidelines, it can lead to worker injuries.
- Misuse of toxic substances: Many construction sites require the usage of hazardous chemicals and materials. If you are working with these substances, you must receive a warning of the risks, protective equipment, and advanced training.
- Broken equipment: Most construction sites use heavy machinery. If this equipment breaks down or malfunctions, workers can be injured as a result.
- Professional malpractice: Architects and engineers are responsible for designing new construction. If they make negligent mistakes in their planning, a structural flaw could cause a building to collapse and injure workers, or even cause wrongful death.
Common Types of San Jose Construction Accidents
There are many types of possible San Jose construction accidents. They include, but are not limited to:
- Falls from a height
- Being hit by falling tools or debris
- Structural collapses or failures
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Accidental severing of live electrical wires or conduits
- Toxic chemical exposure
Common Injuries From San Jose Construction Accidents
All of these construction accident injuries can be life-altering and require extensive medical care. This makes it essential to contact our construction accident attorneys in San Jose to get the care you need.
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatically amputated or crushed limbs
- Burns from fire or chemicals
- Internal organ damage
- Long-term illness
Steps to Take After a San Jose Construction Accident
- Report the Accident: If you’ve been injured in a construction accident, the first thing you need to do is report the incident. California law dictates that failure to report a workplace accident could make you ineligible for your workers’ compensation benefits. If you do not report your injury, it could also make it harder for your construction injury lawyer in San Jose to build your case.
- Seek Medical Care: You must seek medical care after an injury, even if you think it is not severe. Certain injuries may not present themselves right away, but they can cause irreparable damage. Your medical records are also necessary if you wish to file a compensation claim and build a case.
- Contact Us: After you’ve sought medical care, contact our construction accident law firm in San Jose right away. We can help you gather key evidence and file your claim.
Why Choose Scher, Bassett & Hames
Originally founded by Meyer Scher in 1955, our firm’s commitment to our clients has only grown over the last six decades. Now run by Meyer’s son and lead attorney Jerry Scher, our team of personal injury lawyers at Scher, Bassett & Hames is proud to provide personable and straightforward legal advice for construction site injuries in San Jose.
Contact Our Construction Injury Attorneys in San Jose
If you’ve suffered a construction accident injury, don’t wait to get the compensation you deserve. Our team of construction injury attorneys in San Jose is here to help you navigate the complex legal process of filing a claim so you can get the best possible results. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.